Dental implants may be a perfect solution if you are missing teeth or facing tooth extraction. Missing teeth can be embarrassing and make it difficult to eat or speak.
What Are Dental Implants and What Do They Do?
Who Are Dental Implants For?
They are an ideal solution for anyone missing one or more teeth. They are also a good option for people who have trouble wearing dentures or other teeth replacements.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many benefits, including:
- Improved Appearance. The prosthetic crown on top of the dental implant looks and feels natural. Implants are designed to fuse with the bone, so they become permanent.
- Improved Speech. Dentures can slip and make it difficult to speak clearly. Dental implants allow you to talk easily – they’re durable and stay in place so they won’t come loose at the worst possible times.
- Improved Comfort. Dentures can be uncomfortable and irritate the gums. Dental implants are a permanent solution that does not require special care or removal for cleaning. You clean them the same way you do your natural teeth.
- Improved Eating. Dentures can make it difficult to eat certain foods. Dental implants allow you to eat without worrying that your teeth will slip or you will have trouble chewing.
- Improved Self-esteem. They give you the confidence to smile and enjoy life.
- Improved Oral Health. They also stimulate the jawbone, which helps to keep it healthy and strong.
How Are Dental Implants Placed?
Dr. Nylander and his team place dental implants. The first step is to consult with us to see if you are a good candidate. If you are, the next step is to take a CT scan or X-ray of your jawbone. The images will help Dr. Nylander to determine the best placement for your implants.
The next step is to have the implant surgery. Implant surgery is a minor surgery that we complete under local anesthesia. During the surgery, Dr. Nylander will make small incisions in your gums and carefully place the titanium posts into your jawbone. He will then close the incisions with stitches.
What is the Recovery Like After Getting Dental Implants?
After the surgery, you will need to take it easy for a few days. You will be given pain medication to help with any discomfort. Keeping the area clean and gently brushing your teeth is crucial.
You will need to see Dr. Nylander for a follow-up appointment a few weeks after the surgery. At this appointment, he will check on your healing and ensure that the implants are correctly fused with the bone.
How Long Do They Last?
With proper care, they can last for many years. Good care includes brushing and flossing your teeth daily and seeing your dentist for regular checkups. Also, take care not to bite or chew on hard objects, which can damage the implant.
The Best Dental Implant Service in Allen, Texas
You no longer have to live with missing teeth. Dental implants are the most advanced tooth replacement solution available today, and Dr. Nylander is specially trained to provide them. The Allen Dentistry team are experts in implant dentistry and can give you the best possible care for your dental implants. You will receive all the necessary treatment in one convenient location, so you don’t have to worry about scheduling multiple appointments with different providers.
Schedule a consultation today to determine if dental implants are right for you. We can thoroughly evaluate your dental situation and provide some helpful recommendations.